DIRECT CURRENT VOLTAGE GRADIENT (DCVG)
DCVG is an above ground, non-intrusive survey, which is primarily used for the accurate location of coating defects on buried pipelines. Where coating defects are identified the operator takes further measurements in order to provide a bench-mark severity rating for each location.
This survey technique can be used to obtain the following information;
- Accurate location of coating faults
- Approximate severity of coating faults
- Recognise and locate interference from third party structures / CP systems
- Identify optimum location for installation of DC stray current mitigation systems
DCVG can be carried out on Impressed Current Systems, Sacrificial (Galvanic) Anode Systems and Unprotected Pipelines.
The technique is suitable for;
- Cross country pipelines (agricultural land, desert, jungle etc.)
- Urban pipelines (where the structure is beneath concrete or asphalt)
- Complex pipeline systems (such as Process Plants, Tank Farms and City Streets)
Corroconsult are an approved surveyor for DCVG Limited, a Company established by the co-inventor of the DCVG technique, Dr. John Leeds.